Email kliensek (1)
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified – you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations – alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Open Mac Mail on Snow Leopard by clicking the Icon
- Got to the Mac ‘Mail’ menu and click ‘Preferences’
- Click on the Mac Mail account you wish to edit, you may have multiple accounts so if you do you will need to edit each one separately
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ drop down menu and select ‘Edit SMTP Server List…’
- Click on the plus (+) button to add another SMTP server
- For the description enter ‘AuthSMTP’
- For the Server Name enter ‘mail.authsmtp.com’
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click on ‘Authentication’ and select ‘MD5 Challenge-Response’
- Enter the AuthSMTP Username and Password that has been emailed to you
- Click on the radio button for ‘Use Custom Port’ and enter the port number as ‘2525’
- Click OK
- You have now setup the AuthSMTP outgoing mail server
- Close the window
- When prompted click ‘Save’ to keep the changes
- When you first click ‘Get Mail’ or go to send an email you may need to re-enter your AuthSMTP password